Nav&Co application for the Shom and OFB
Nav&Co is a mobile application intended for all types of navigators and users of coastal areas.It is the result of bookBeo's close collaboration with the Hydrographic and Oceanographic Service of the Navy (Shom) and the French Biodiversity Office (OFB, successor in 2020 of the French Agency for Biodiversity).
The first version of the application published in July 2020 is available only for Android and limited to the navigation area of Mont-Saint-Michel in Le Croisic.
It allows its users to follow on Shom sea maps:
- their navigation route and discover the applicable regulations,
- marine protected areas, places of biodiversity and crossed habitats along their route.
Users can also:
- consult the tides of dozens of ports,
- download offline maps for their next sea trip,
- save their tracks (route history) in a navigation log.
Many other features are planned for the coming months, including the display of maritimes beacons in augmented reality.